Good Resources + Stay at Home Activities for COVID-19
Updated: Mar 13
Many of us have been looking forward to our upcoming spring break vacations, as well as trips leading up to summer, but in light of Coronavirus spreading and the recent travel restrictions were all left wondering what to do.
Below are a few reputable resources that you should look into if you are still deciding on whether or not to cancel your trip:
- CDC Guidelines for travel ( on cruise ships, airplanes, plus a risk assessment per country) - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- 5 Important tips when traveling in a crowded space - https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-tips/coronavirus-going-to-events
- If you choose to travel, what you can do to protect yourself -
- How to stay clean and safe when traveling -
1. Check U.S. government websites and set alerts
2. Contact your airline - This is a good read: https://www.cntraveler.com/story/how-us-airlines-are-reacting-to-coronavirus
3. Visit the government websites of countries you plan to visit
4. Know your travel rights - https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51615412
5. Contact your hotel, Airbnb or booked excursions to see if you are eligible for a refund or rebook.
6. Check what your travel insurance policy covers and if you didn't get travel insurance, your trip may be protected through your credit card! This article covers more - https://www.cntraveler.com/story/9-credit-cards-that-offer-travel-insurance-when-your-trip-doesnt-go-as-planned
If you have decided to cancel, here are a few ways you can still enjoy your time off, from the comfort of your home or at least close by:
1. Make it a family game night
2. Create a fort in your living room out of blankets or cardboard boxes.
3. Camp outside, make s'mores and tell stories
4. Screen your favorite movie in the living room
5. Host a special talent show with your family
6. Create your own scavenger hunt
7. Bake your own pizza or cookies
8. Build an indoor obstacle course in your living or playroom
9. Host a contest only the family can participate in - Who can get dressed the fastest, etc
10. Have an indoor picnic
11. Workout together. Kids love modeling behavior so let them join you on a simple workout like Yoga, running, cycling, etc.
12. Host a cook-off, with all families members participating by making their favorite dish
In addition to the items listed above, I also included a few of my favorite articles filled with tons of ideas for you to go through. In the end, as much as we all love to travel and enjoy a new destination, these fun activities may surprise you. Hopefully, they provide special memories that your kids will remember forever.
Good reads for ideas: